Injury Type: Multiple, listed below.
Accident Type: MVA
In 2018, our client was driving a motor vehicle when they were struck by a school bus. The defendant heavily disputed responsibility for the car accident.
Per the reconstruction expert, the bus driver was speeding at 55mph in a 45 mph zone. The defendant repeatedly testified that they were only going 40mph. The defendant also ran a red light.
Type of Injuries Sustained
- Traumatic brain injury
- Rib and back fractures
- Partially collapsed lung
- Internal bleeding
- Severe lacerations to the face and neck, requiring stitches and resulting in permanent scarring on one side of the face
- Post-traumatic amnesia following traumatic brain injury
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Adjustment disorder with depression
- Decreased awareness of neuropsychological deficits
- A required feeding tube for three weeks. Sustained weight loss of approximately 30 lbs.
- Multiple blood transfusions
- Dense foreign bodies within left elbow – largest measuring 5mm
How did Tona Law help?
Tona Law litigated this matter for almost two and one-half years, retaining multiple experts to prove the case including an Accident Reconstruction Expert, Neuropsychologist, and others.
On the eve of trial, the Defendants requested a pre-trial mediation. After an exhaustive 9-hour mediation, the matter was settled.