- April 4, 2018
- Categories: FAQ, Personal Injury
Unfortunately, car accident happen. It is very important that you try to stay calm and not panic if you get into a car accident.
- At TonaLaw, we always tell our clients or potential clients to make sure they’re okay first. Make sure your car is out of the way, out of the way of traffic, and make sure you stand behind a guardrail, not in front of it. Put on your hazards and stay in a safe area, and if you have them, set up road flares. However, if you are injured, you should seek medical attention right away and call 911.
- The next thing you should do, if you are able to do so, is to call the police.
- When the police arrive on the scene, fill out a police report, assuming that you’re okay physically. A police report is very important later on when dealing with your car insurance company and other drivers. Cooperate fully, but avoid admitting fault or blaming others while at the scene. Remember, if you are injured, you should seek medical attention right away.
- Document as much as you can, If you are able to, document any of the following at the scene: Driver and passenger namesLicense plate numbersInsurance informationMakes and models of all vehicles involvedContact info for any eyewitnessesLocation of the accidentThe name and badge number of any responding police officersSnap photos with your camera phone
- Get checked out! if you feel like you are not injured, get a physical exam by a doctor within 72 hours of the accident to make sure.
- Notify your insurance company as soon as possible. Many policies require immediate reporting and full cooperation.
Not every accident means you have a personal injury case, but if you’re hurt as a result of an accident the first thing you’ve got to do is make sure you’re okay. TonaLaw can handle the rest.
GET THE TREATMENT YOU NEED, AND LET US HANDLE GETTING YOU PAID.
Insurance companies are not on your side. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible for your car accident. That’s why it is so important to hire a personal injury firm with the experience and qualifications required to get the insurance company to take your claim seriously, and get the biggest payout possible for you.