Injury Type: Traumatic Brain Injury
Accident Type: Drunk Driving Accident/Dram Shop Case
This case involved a high-speed impact by a drunk driver to the rear of the vehicle our client was a passenger in. The bar that served the drunk driver was sued in addition to the drunk driver as well as the driver of the host vehicle.
Throughout three years of litigation, TonaLaw was able to conclusively establish fault against the drunk driver and the bar that overserved them while they were visibly intoxicated.
- Major traumatic head injury with coma – GSC Coma Scale rating of 3
- Bilateral brain bleed within the brain parenchyma
- Severe Intracranial injury
- Atelectasis (Collapse of the bilateral lower lobe airspace – lungs)
- Permanent Mobility/ambulation Deficits
- Permanent Cognitive Deficits
- Permanent Short Term Memory Impairments
- Permanent Right Lower Extremity Deficits
- Permanent Right Upper Extremity Deficits
- Inability To Learn New Verbal Material
- Attention Skills Assessed At The Lowest Measurable Level
- Permanent Reduction Of Fine Motor Coordination In Right Dominant Hand
How did TonaLaw help?
Tona Law litigated this matter for almost three years, retaining multiple experts to prove the case including a toxicologist, an accident reconstruction expert, a neuropsychologist, and others. On the eve of trial, the Defendants requested a pre-trial mediation. After an exhaustive two months of mediation, and protracted negotiations the matter was settled.