Injury Type: Labral Tear, Teeth Fractures, Wrist/TFCC Tear, Concussion, mild Traumatic Brain Injury, Neck, Back, and Temporomandibular Joint Injuries
Accident Type: Motor Vehicle Accident
Our client was struck by a vehicle that lost control and struck the center divider before careening toward our client’s car. Our client was struck in a t-bone fashion with such force that the vehicle was caused to overturn. Our client was removed from the car with the jaws of life and rushed to the nearest hospital. The primary defendant offered their whole policy. However, the under-insured carrier, GEICO, would not. Starting with an offer of just $15,000.00
- Injuries: Torn labrum, Torn TFCC (Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex Tear), mild Traumatic Brain Injury (Concussion), Teeth Fractures, Dislodged Tooth, Neck Injury, Back Injury, and TMJ Pain (Temporomandibular Joint Pain)
- Eastbound Long Island Expressway between Exits 61 and 62.
- While driving East on the Long Island Expressway to enjoy the weekend, our client was t-boned by an out-of-control vehicle. The car our client was in was caused to overturn twice before coming to rest off the side of the expressway. Even though buckled, our client’s body was thrown about the inside of the vehicle causing severe injuries to the shoulder, wrist, head, and even teeth (several of which were fractured and one knocked out).
- In addition to getting the full $25,000.00 from the primary defendant, Tona Law pursued the entirety of the available insurance coverage under our client’s under-insured motorist insurance policy. While GEICO initially offered $15,000.00 for our client’s injuries, we insisted on the value of the client’s injuries. When GEICO would not concede, we took them to binding arbitration. We were awarded the rest of the available insurance for injuries that the arbitrator described as “well in excess of the available coverage.”
- Verdict/Settlement Amount: Settled $25,000.00 Primary Policy of Defendant; $75,000 from SUM Carrier GIECO.