- May 19, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
The DISC personality test is the gold standard for hiring tools at TonaLaw. Improving and working on team communication should be a focus for every business. Our firm has a higher retention rate, and part of the reason is that we use DISC in our hiring process. It helps to make better hiring decisions so the team is well-balanced and we can better communicate.
In episode 6 of the Lead Counsel podcast, we dive into the areas of improvement, time wasters, motivators, and more. We hope our conversation on the DISC assessment encourages you to implement it in your office to better communicate with employees and clients. We briefly go over the behavioral hierarchies and motivators below and why we believe all businesses should implement the DISC personality test into their hiring process.
The DISC assessment provides 12 behavioral hierarchies, from highest to lowest tendencies. To share a few, Tom’s top five are:
- Sense of Urgency: eager to get started on projects and get to the finish line quicker
- Competitiveness: wants to win and is the reason that TonaLaw is a contingency-based firm – because we believe we will win
- Versatility: open-minded and willing to adapt talents and change assignments as required
- Frequent Change: able to go from task to task or let someone else take over on a task so you can move on
- Frequent Interaction: enjoys talking with people and needs to have conversations throughout the day
Why You Should Use DISC
For one, it’s simple to learn and teach your team. It also dramatically improves communication, productivity, and efficiency, not only between team members but also with clients. It helps resolve conflicts, improve team dynamics, and help your business make better hiring decisions.
Placing a focus on team communication is beneficial for every business, and using the DISC personality test is a great way to get started.
If you want to learn more about Lead Counsel, check out https://tonalaw.com/podcast/lc006