- May 25, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
Emerson Souza Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy is owned and run by World Champion Emerson “Eminho” Souza. Emerson has been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since the age of 12. He is a 5th-degree black belt under Carlos Gracie Jr. from the Gracie Barra Academy in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Slowly gaining popularity since he moved here in 2004, Emerson has managed to build one of the premier schools on Long Island in Baldwin, NY. His place is dedicated to teaching Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to adults and kids, and they are committed to changing people’s lives with a positive routine.
In this episode, Tom has a conversation with Emerson on the lessons you can learn from Jiu-Jitsu. Many of the things Tom carries into TonaLaw he has learned from Emerson and practicing the sport.
If you are interested in learning more abou Jiu-Jitsu and what it can do for your life, please reach out!
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Emerson’s background and how he got started in Jiu-Jitsu
- How people judge Emerson without knowing his capabilities or success
- The benefits of Jiu-Jitsu for your personal and professional life
- The biggest takeaways and lessons that Jiu-Jitsu instills in people
- How Emerson makes people feel like they’re the only person in the room
- Do what you love and the money will come
Resources from this Episode:
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.