- June 29, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
On this episode of Lead Council Podcast, I had the pleasure of reconnecting with my longtime friend and mentor, Herb Auger, who has been running a successful personal injury law firm in North and South Carolina for nearly 30 years. We reminisced about our early days in the legal field, how we met, and the journey that led Herb to where he is today. Listen in as we discuss the importance of surrounding yourself with the right people, the value of an accounting degree, and the challenges of working in North Carolina’s unique legal landscape.
Herb and I also explored the power of experiences over physical possessions and how this mindset has changed our outlook on life. We reflected on the conversations that inspired us to prioritize experiences and how we can all benefit from taking some slack time to let our brains work through problems. Tune in to hear about Herb’s new rule to do something different every six weeks and the joy he finds in spending his money on experiences like camper vans and trips to new places.
Finally, we discussed the impact that discipline and intense exercise has on our lives and how a simple comment can change the trajectory of someone’s life. We shared our own stories about how our commitment to intense exercise has helped us grow emotionally and professionally. Join us as we dive into the power of the average 5, the importance of surrounding ourselves with the right people, and how experiences over physical possessions can shape our lives.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Importance of surrounding yourself with the right people and the benefits of being in a family of entrepreneurs.
- The value of having an accounting degree and its competitive advantage when running a business.
- Challenges of working in North Carolina and dealing with the contributory negligence rule.
- Focusing on experiences over physical possessions and prioritizing unforgettable adventures.
- Allowing the brain some slack time to process problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Impact of discipline and intense exercise on overall well-being and personal and professional growth.
- The power of the average five and the importance of surrounding ourselves with the right people.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.