- July 20, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
Join us as we unravel a riveting journey through a black swan event, a tumultuous period where our no-fault collection silo was bleeding $50,000 a month. This occurred when the American Arbitration Association froze hearings for half a year. Thankfully, Patrick Wilson, our longtime friend and law firm coach from Atticus, was there by our side. With his sage advice and composed approach, we methodically diagnosed and addressed the issue, a testament to the power of a great coach.
Patrick’s story is quite the inspirational one. A former practicing attorney turned lawyer coach, he’s transformed his career and now empowers other lawyers to maximize their potential. We discuss his journey and explore the principles that guide his practice. Chief among them is the belief that lawyers can make more money in less time.
In our conversation, we laud the value of coaching, accountability, and personal training for lawyers. We stress the significance of understanding one’s core identity and passion and highlight how books like ‘Good to Great’ and ‘The E-Myth Revisited’ can serve as invaluable growth tools. Tune in to our enlightening discussion as we unravel the secrets to success in both law and life!
In this episode, you will hear about:
- The role of a coach in managing crisis situations.
- Patrick’s transition from a practicing attorney to a lawyer coach and the principles guiding his coaching practice.
- Exploration of the differences between coaching and consulting and how they can be used together for client benefit.
- The importance of understanding one’s core identity and passion.
- The value of coaching, accountability, and personal training for lawyers.
- The role of self-discipline in entrepreneurial success and the benefits of finding a coach who understands your specific business.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
- Patrick’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-wilson-627a1b19/
- Website: https://atticusadvantage.com/
- Email Patrick: [email protected]
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.