- September 7, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
Prepare to navigate the often confusing world of no-fault insurance for car accidents in New York State. The journey promises to be anything but monotonous as we get into how this insurance scheme operates, the coverage it offers, and the crucial steps to take following a car accident. The importance of filing a no-fault application in a timely manner, informing medical professionals that the injuries incurred are accident-related, and presenting bills to the no-fault carrier within the stipulated timeline will all be laid out.
Keeping our promise of making this complex subject both engaging and informative, we delve into the nuances of the no-fault exam, stressing the need to accompany clients to these evaluations. We’ll guide you on the road to maximizing personal injury costs while underscoring the importance of honesty during these assessments.
Spread the word and help your friends and family who’ve been involved in a car accident in New York understand this complex yet crucial insurance mechanism.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- What no-fault Insurance is and how it operates in New York State, covering the basics of personal injury protection insurance and its coverage.
- The importance of taking immediate action post-accident, such as filing a no-fault application within 30 days and informing healthcare providers that injuries are related to the accident.
- The nuances of no-fault exams, highlighting the need for honesty and vigilance during these assessments.
- Why other types of insurance, including health insurance, should not be used in a New York auto accident, with exceptions for workers’ comp insurance and no-fault insurance.
- The importance of not minimizing injuries during no-fault exams and the role of medical professionals in submitting bills and disputing denials.
- How to navigate situations where a person has multiple accidents, explaining how the claims can be distinguished and handled separately.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute
for professional legal advice based on your individual circumstances.
Laws change frequently and may change before or after the release of any specific podcast episode, therefore Thomas Tona cannot warrant that all representations are correct. You should always consult with an attorney directly before
making legal decisions concerning your own unique legal issues. The offer
of the information in this program does not create an attorney/client
relationship. An attorney/client relationship can only be
formed by executing a written contract with Thomas Tona or his firm that
is signed by the client and a representative of the firm. This podcast may be
considered attorney advertising.