- October 5, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
In this episode, we’re thrilled to have our guest, Alesha, back for part two of The Law Firm Human Resource Series. This time, we explore the essential yet often overlooked, process of onboarding in law firms. Alesha, our HR guru with a particular focus on recruiting, shares her insights on the science of onboarding, its significance in reducing stress for the firm’s owner, and how it can go beyond just assembling resources a day before a new hire starts. Alesha tells us about how she improved our onboarding plans, ensuring new employees feel confident and prepared in their roles.
Listen in as we also talk about the vital steps to take before a new hire’s first day at a law firm. From breaking down job descriptions to creating a training checklist, ensuring everyone is on the same page is key. We share how transitioning from a physical employee handbook to the TonaLaw Portal has simplified the integration process for new hires.
We also discuss how to streamline onboarding and manage expectations effectively. Alesha emphasizes the need for clarity in job roles, expectations, and the various tasks new hires will be undertaking. All this is to ensure a smooth transition and to reduce the risk of hiring the wrong person for your law firm. Tune in and get enlightened!
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Importance of effective onboarding processes in law firms and how it can reduce stress for firm owners.
- Key steps in the law firm onboarding process.
- The power of human connection and enthusiasm in welcoming new hires.
- Techniques for streamlining onboarding and managing expectations effectively.
- Role of an online portal in maintaining uniformity across the organization and fostering camaraderie through onboarding lunches.
- The importance of understanding individual communication styles and how to nurture new hires for success to create a seamless transition and minimize the risk of a misfit hire.
- Exploration of the ‘3-3-3’ training methodology for effective onboarding.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.