- October 12, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
Meet powerhouse attorney Sue Ann Van Dermyden, who brings to the table insights from her three-decade-long journey in the law field. Get ready to navigate the intricacies of a traditionally male-dominated industry as we highlight the unique challenges faced by female attorney leaders. We dig deep into the concept of work-life balance, debunking the myth of dividing life equally into two parts. Sue Ann emphasizes the importance of having a ‘rope team’ of support and self-care, shedding light on the pressures of juggling professional expectations with personal responsibilities.
Strap in as we dissect the importance of building confidence and overcoming self-doubt. Sue Ann shares invaluable lessons about appearing confident in professional settings, the importance of investing in oneself, and the need to surround oneself with competent individuals. We further explore her niche practice in employment law and Title IX investigations, discussing the significance of leveraging business strengths and her inspiring transition from being a lawyer to a leader. Prepare to be inspired, informed, and empowered.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Challenges faced by female attorney leaders in a male-dominated field.
- The importance of work-life balance for attorneys and the pressure of juggling professional and personal responsibilities.
- The concept of having a ‘rope team’ for support during professional struggles and personal trials.
- Strategies for building confidence and overcoming self-doubt in professional settings.
- Sue Ann’s niche practice in employment law and Title IX investigations.
- The transition from being a lawyer to a leader in the field of law.
- The impact of female unity in the professional world and its potential to propel women’s career paths.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
- Sue Ann’s Website: https://www.vmlawcorp.com/sue-ann-van-dermyden-senior-partner
- Sue Ann’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sue-ann-van-dermyden-06140b12/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.