- November 9, 2023
- Thomas Tona
- Categories: Podcast
Get ready for a great discussion with Craig Goldenfarb as we explore the far-reaching implications of the recent tort reform law in Florida. Goldenfarb offers a sharp analysis of how the law is reshaping the landscape of personal injury law, limiting what evidence can be shown to a jury, and causing a shift in the competitive landscape. We also examine how the reform has reduced the statute of limitations, causing a rush to file lawsuits and congesting the court system.
Goldenfarb exposes the underpinnings of the insurance industry’s involvement in pushing this legislation, revealing how they’re using their financial advantage over plaintiff’s attorneys to sway the legal process in their favor. Lastly, we don’t shy away from tackling the controversial topic of nuclear verdicts and how this law has contributed to their rise. We discuss the legal and ethical implications of these exorbitant jury awards, and Goldenfarb offers his insights on how collaboration among plaintiff’s attorneys challenges this system.
Join us as we peel back the layers of tort reform and its impact on personal injury law.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Florida’s tort reform law, its impact on personal injury law, and how it’s reshaping the legal landscape.
- The insurance industry’s role in this legislation and how it exploits its financial standing over plaintiff’s attorneys.
- The political implications of the law, its potential impact on the upcoming presidential election, and the role of the GOP’s agenda.
- The contentious topic of nuclear verdicts, their ethical and legal implications, and how attorneys are challenging this system.
- How the tort reform law restricts the evidence that can be presented to a jury and its impact on the statute of limitations.
- How the law has affected the practice of personal injury law, insurance claims, and the legal process.
Resources from this Episode:
- TonaLaw: https://tonalaw.com/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.